“Why can’t I sleep?!?!”
That’s a question I often ask myself. I have historically had terrible sleeping patterns!
Common reasons I can’t sleep:
- I’m too busy thinking about work.
- My mind can’t stop replaying some negative event that happened today.
- I took a nap earlier and now I’m not tired.
- I stayed up too late trying to escape life by delving into the latest episode of Supernatural on Netflix.
- I stayed up too late working on my newest, most exciting blog post!
- Or perhaps I simply can’t sleep…. That happens too….
But sleep is sooo important!!!
Getting enough sleep has the following benefits:
My memory improves.
- I’m in a better mood the next day.
- I can think more clearly.
- I have a better handle on my depression and anxiety symptoms.
- It’s easier to get up each morning and spend time with Jesus.
Sooo… I’ve done some research into interesting ways to improve my sleep, and I’m gonna do an experiment!
I’m going to take one sleep improvement technique each week and keep a log on how well it does or does not work.
Then, at the end of each week, I’ll post about that week’s sleeping technique, sharing my results with all of you, my fabulous readers!
I hope this experiment will help each of you find a sleeping technique that works for you!
Here are the techniques I’m going to explore:
- Week 1: The 4-7-8 Breathing Technique, by Dr. Andrew Weil
- Week 2: Taking a warm bath or shower before bed
- Week 3: Sleeping with a sound machine
- Week 4: No electronics in the bedroom
Make sure you subscribe to this blog for regular updates on the experiment.
You can subscribe by entering your email into the subscribe box on our home page, or by scrolling down to the footer (in black) below.
And please leave a comment below if
you have any other sleeping
you want me to try out.
Anyway, week one starts today! Er, last night. We’re starting out with the 4-7-8 breathing technique. Learn more about that technique here, and feel free to join me on the journey! I’m already excited about what I’ve seen with this one! I’ll post the results on or around January 6, so make sure you check back at that time. Or subscribe!